Tuesday, November 7, 2023

something is happening gallery exhibition

I have never had an exhibition at the library before, so this was a first for me and it was surprisingly complicated. For the photobook, I kept it simple by having just the pictures and almost no text. I did some editing with them and cut out some objects using the selection tool and I thought that was cool. I selected two photos from my project that I thought would fit the concept and prepared my inkjet prints. We wiped the glass before framing the pictures and hanging them onto the walls, and that was basically it. I had mine in both vertical and horizontal orientations and one in vibrant colors and the other in black and white in order to present a contrast between the pieces. I didn’t have the chance to help with the lighting, but I think it was setup fine. It was interesting to see that people showcased pictures in different scales, and it was hard to tell whether they were artistic choices or unintentional results. My prints turned out smaller and off-the-center, but the lack of precision added a little spice into the “something is happening” theme so I liked that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

allatonceness

YouTube   101 S First "...They are just too slow to be relevant or effective." At the beginning of the century, before smartphones...